Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Why Social Media Milieu?

I'm comfortable with my digital identity.  I have a CV website for anyone who wants to know what I do professionally.  The website Healthcare IT Academic Resources speaks for itself.  I have a blog for my courses to post helpful resources.  You can follow me on Twitter.  What do I need another blog for?

Okay to be honest - I need to try out Blogger and see if I can use it in my classes.  The title came about because many of the account names beginning with "social" are taken.  After trying out numerous names that are available (ask), I settled on "milieu" as it speaks to the social media environment that encompasses our lives.  We choose to varying degrees the depth of digital penetration into our lives but it is always about finding your comfort level.  Each one of us must balance the social community that we surround ourselves with and personal privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment